Applying for a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023. Portugal, which is located in Southwestern Europe, has a multitude of choices for people looking to work, live, or raise a family in the Iberian region, as well as magnificent natural surroundings. The Portuguese government has made it possible for hopeful people from all around the world to apply for the Portugal visa for job seekers. You must, however, fulfill certain standards in order to be eligible for this visa category. You will be one step closer to having a life-changing experience in Portugal with the help of this Article.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 The Introduction of the Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023: A Solution to Skill Shortages
- 0.2 Booking a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023 Appointment: An Alternative Solution.
- 1 Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023 Requirements:
- 2 Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 Application Process:
- 3 Apply for a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023
The Introduction of the Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023: A Solution to Skill Shortages
In June 2022, the Portuguese government announced the creation of a job seeker visa to address the shortage of skilled professionals in the country. This visa allows individuals to enter and reside in Portugal with the purpose of finding employment in their field of expertise. Successful job seekers can then apply for a work visa and a residence permit, potentially leading to permanent residency in Portugal. Those who excel in their job can apply for a residence permit to continue working in the country. The job seeker visa is valid for 120 days and can be extended for an additional 60 days, with only one entry allowed. Both skilled and unskilled workers are eligible to apply for this visa.
Booking a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023 Appointment: An Alternative Solution.
We have received reports of difficulties in booking appointment slots at VFS Global, leading to disappointment for those seeking to apply for the Portugal job seeker visa. If you encounter this issue, we recommend reaching out to the Portuguese embassy directly through email. Compose a new email, attach a copy of your IDEF approval, and request an appointment. The embassy may then provide an appointment date and time, allowing you to submit your visa application and required documents directly at the embassy, bypassing the need to use VFS Global.
No, you do not need a job offer to apply for the job seeker visa.
You can extend your visa for an additional 60 days, for a total stay of 180 days. If you are still unable to find a job after that, you will need to leave the country and reapply for the job seeker visa at a later time. However, you may consider registering with SEF to extend your stay in Portugal.
Yes, if an employer offers you a job and provides a job offer/contract, you can change your job seeker visa into a work visa and apply for a residence permit in Portugal.
No, IELTS is not a requirement for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa, but having it may be beneficial.
Yes, Portugal is issuing work visas for those who are interested in finding employment in the country. However, the process for obtaining a work visa will depend on your specific circumstances and the requirements for your country of origin. It’s best to check the latest information on the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate’s website for more information.
Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023 Requirements:
Before applying for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023, it is important to ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents. The following list includes the mandatory requirements:
- No IELTS certification is required
- The National Visa application must be filled out and signed by the applicant only
- A valid passport or travel document with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the date of return, with a photocopy of the passport attached
- Two recent passport-sized photos of the applicant, in good condition and clearly showing their features
- Evidence of a stable living situation if residing in a country other than the applicant’s nationality
- Criminal record check from the relevant Immigration and Border Services (not required for minors under sixteen)
- A certificate of criminal history from the appropriate authority for the past year
- Valid travel insurance covering medical expenses and potential repatriation in case of emergency
- Proof of round-trip transport, including flight and hotel reservations with dates of departure and return
- Bank statements or evidence of financial resources sufficient for at least three months of living expenses (the required amount may vary, but is generally equivalent to 2200 Euros)
- A declaration outlining the conditions and plan for the estimated stay, including the intended places of residence and job search locations (use job search websites to research industries and employers)
- Certified copies of educational, technical, or academic qualifications
- Any other supporting documents to bolster the application and demonstrate eligibility
- A well-crafted CV/resume should also be submitted along with the other required documents.
Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 Application Process:
To begin the Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 application process, you must first submit a Declaration of Expression of Interest for IEFP registration. The process of filling out the declaration form is straightforward and can be accessed via the following link: Click Here
To Apply for Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023, you must complete the online application process. You have the option to do this yourself or to hire a consultant to assist you. The purpose of the application is to declare your intention to register with the Institute of Employment and Vocational Training (IEFP) to search for employment upon entering Portuguese territory. When filling out the application, make sure to provide accurate personal details as they appear on your passport. Additionally, specify the profession or field in which you have skills or experience.
Additionally, it is recommended to review the list of eligible professions provided on the official website before submitting your application.
After you have submitted your declaration of interest, you will receive an email confirming your approval from the Institute of Employment and Vocational Training (IEFP). It’s important to note that this approval is not a visa, but rather a requirement to apply for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa. Upon receipt of your IEFP approval, you can move forward with your actual visa application.
Now Let’s Talk About How to apply for a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023?
Apply for a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023
The steps involved in the application process are as follows for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023:
- Visit the website of the Portuguese Embassy or the visa application center.
- Select “Job Seeker” as the type of visa you are applying for.
- Assemble all necessary documents as per the provided document checklist.
- Complete and submit the visa application form.
- Locate the nearest Portuguese Embassy or Consulate or authorized visa application center, such as VFS Global.
- Schedule an appointment, which may be done via call or email.
- Attend the appointment and present all required documents.
- Participate in a visa interview if required.
It’s crucial to keep in mind that the Job Seeker Visa is only valid for a period of four to six months, and it is expected that you will find employment within this time frame.
Processing Period and Price:
Please be aware that the time it takes to complete a visa can be many months, so be prepared and patient. The Portuguese Embassy normally takes two to three months to grant an entry visa. The application process does not require any upfront payment. The cost of the entry visa provided by the Portuguese Embassy, however, will be €90 and may differ by nation.
Checkout More opportunities for you
It’s crucial to have patience since the visa processing time might take many months. The Portuguese Embassy normally takes two to three months to grant an entrance visa.
The entrance visa issued by the Portuguese Embassy is subject to a €90 cost. It’s crucial to remember that this charge might change according to the nation where the application is being submitted.
The duration of the job seeker visa is four to six months.
The required documents for the job seeker visa application include a valid passport, 2 recent passport-sized photos, proof of regular situation, a criminal record certificate, valid travel insurance, a valid transport document, bank statements or proof of financial resources, attested educational/technical/academic qualification documents, and a CV/resume.
No, IELTS is not required for the job seeker visa.
No, it is not necessary to have a consultant apply for a job seeker visa. However, you may choose to hire one if you need assistance with the application process.
The process for applying for the job seeker visa involves filling in the online application, submitting a declaration of interest online, receiving approval from IEFP, visiting the Portuguese Embassy or visa application center, making an appointment, submitting the required documents, and giving the visa interview if required.
After finding a job in Portugal, you can apply for a residence permit. This permit will allow you to stay in Portugal for a longer period of time and work legally in the country.
3 thoughts on “A Step-by-Step Guide for Applying for a Portugal Job Seeker Visa in 2023.”
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?